Adrienne has worked as a General Counsel, Principal, and Partner whose career has spanned more than 35 years of continuous practice. With specific expertise in Energy Finance, Securities, and LLC law, Adrienne’s client representation has included an array of corporate E&P and Oilfield Service companies as well as start-up organizations and entrepreneurs.
Adrienne has closed transactions in excess of $1B, has hired and managed legal teams, built legal departments from the ground up, and has published many scholarly articles and papers throughout her career. Her acutely observant – and empathetic – nature, combined with her keen attention to detail and willingness to roll up her sleeves make her the type of leader to whom others naturally gravitate. Adrienne has a unique ability to take complex, technical concepts and break them down into understandable components, allowing her to easily and successfully develop, lead, and manage the strategies, transactions, and engagements for which she is responsible.
Adrienne is a frequent author and lecturer on corporate and securities law issues, and has served as Adjunct Professor of Corporate Law at the University of Houston Law Center. She is a past President of the Women’s Finance Exchange and has been a member of the State Bar of Texas’ Corporate Law, Continuing Education, and Venture Capital Committees. She is also a member of the Limited Liability Company, Partnership and Unincorporated Entity Committee, and the Private Equity Venture Capital Committee of the American Bar Association. In 2017, she was named in Houston’s 50 Most Influential Women by Houston Woman Magazine.
Licensed to practice in Texas (since 1980) and Colorado (since 2010), Adrienne is a magna cum laude graduate of Rice University (B.A. 1980) and graduated Columbia University Law School (JD, 1980) as a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar. She is fluent in English and Spanish, is competent in French, and has studied Portuguese, Greek, and Italian.
Texas Bar Association
- Business Law and Oil Section and Gas & Energy Re-sources Section
- Institute Director: Professional Development
- Vice Chairman: Venture Capital Committee
- Chairman and Moderator: PDP Seminar
- Member: Corporate Law Committee, Venture Capital Committee, Continuing Legal Education Committee
Houston Bar Association
- Oil, Gas & Mineral Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Corporate Counsel
- Securities Litigation and Arbitration Law
Colorado Bar Association
Women’s Finance Exchange
- Past President
Neuhaus Education Center, Non-Profit in Houston, TX
- Board Chair 2016-2018
- Board Member 2009-Present
American Bar Association
- LLC, Partnerships and Unincorporated Entities Committee
- Business Law Section, Environment Section, Energy & Resources Section
- Distressed M&A Committee
- Mergers & Acquisitions Committee
- Private Entity and Venture Capital Committee
University of Houston
- Adjunct Professor: Business Organizations, Securities Regulation
- Practicing Law Institute – Understanding Securities Law
- University of Texas CLE
- University of Houston CLE
- South Texas College of Law